Thursday, February 08, 2007

Gwen the Alpine Peasant

I can't help linking to this one by Gwen Stefani. It's standard dance-hall ear candy and nothing more. But it's set to the tune of The Lonely Goatherd from The Sound of Music. And it's got yodeling. Not very well done yodeling, but still!


This happens to be Ms. Stefani's second hit song taken from a 1960s musical (after If I Were a Rich Girl from Fiddler on the Roof). One petty complaint: she's got this dumb logo for herself. But throughout the video she has dozens of them hanging from the ceiling; since the video makes you think about Sound of Music, all I could think was Nazi swastikas.

1 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, February 11, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm. I'm not sure whether I should gag or laugh out loud.
I have my weaknesses, but if cool wants to make others wish they were on the inside, then I feel pretty immune to this flavor of cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home