Friday, October 13, 2006

Polka Uncool

polkaOnce we get over our cool, new vistas open up for the enjoyment of life. We can sing. We can enjoy stupid games. We can get let ourselves be seen with more people - perhaps even the best people we'll ever meet.

It's surreal. There are so many hours I wasted worrying how good I look. Who cares? An example: rejecting cool allowed me to dance at a great wedding I was at last week. More specifically, it allowed me to request the chicken dance from a DJ who was playing exclusively funk/disco.

Uncool freed me up to show off my polka moves.

3 Comments:

At 11:54 PM, October 13, 2006, Blogger Margaret Feinberg said...

Uncool allows us to serve Jesus above all in shining radiance...

 
At 3:20 PM, October 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And, boy, do you have some moves!

 
At 9:36 PM, June 23, 2022, Anonymous Ethan Romero said...

Great blog you hhave here

 

Post a Comment

<< Home